POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : imagemap question : Re: imagemap question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: imagemap question
From: ABX
Date: 2 May 2003 10:58:47
Message: <0d15bv4lk80rhkr5u5b92igj9pg86ac9nv@4ax.com>
On Fri, 2 May 2003 16:47:04 +0200, "Jos Tellings" <jte### [at] chellonl> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a photograph of a nice sky. I want to show the picture on a
> sky_sphere with an image_map. How can I do this? I use map_type 1 but it
> doesn't work. I only got a few strange big pixels on the skysphere.
>
> Thanks a lot!!!

From what you wrote it seems you think that sky_sphere is not sphere but
rectangle for defining rectangular background of rectangular image. Not at all.
Sky_sphere is a sphere. With typical perspective camera you see only small
subsection of it. If you want add typical rectangular background you have a few
solutions, for example you can render your image in transparency in background
(+UA switch in options - see documentation) and then add background in image
manipulation application. You can as well look into screen.inc include file and
use macros from ther to locate some textured planes in fron of camera. It is
also described in manual. If you do not understand what manual-author wrote
about it feel free to ask again.

ABX