POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : eps to prism : Re: eps to prism Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:08:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eps to prism
Date: 29 Jun 2002 03:23:25
Message: <08kqhus1fon9s9qdp7h6b7v4jcln108pgv@4ax.com>
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:18:19 -0500, "Mike Williams" <mik### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:
> The ttf object in povray does not do beveling.
> The prism provides the beveling and the speed that would work for me.
> Is there anything that will help me? Or am I stuck doing this the long way
> around.

When you want prism from ttf (or 2D vector object) you have simple solution.
Create what you want in 2D vector software. Then convert/write it to high res
image and open in 2D image editing app. Select inside of shape. Fill it with
gradient according to borders of selection (black near contour, gray to center
of shape). Select outside of shape. Fill it with black. Save. Open povray.
Using created image make image pattern as function. Clip range of graynes. Use
it to create heighfielt with cutted black surface. I have no time currently
but I will try make some example. I used similar method in
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/24383/ except instead of image
pattern I used function created with iso_csg library. The adventage over good
old prism is that you can use splines to control crosssection of beveling.
I hope it was readable.

ABX