POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Music selection : Re: Music selection Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Music selection
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Feb 2008 17:31:56
Message: <0674r3h4b570ouqvhu2kt4v3l9rnlr3ih9@4ax.com>
On 12 Feb 2008 17:17:29 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>(Of course, he's back in CO Springs now, because it's near where his kids
>go to school and he goes to all their home basketball games - it probably
>helps that he's very successfully self-employed)

That reminds me. My wife, who reads a lot of contemporary American fiction wants
to know. Why and when did sport become so popular in America? By that I mean
children's sport, going to watch your kids play baseball etc. There is little
mention of it in earlier fiction. Little House on the Prairie hardly mentions
sport at all. Not it seams that you are a bad parent if you don't join in. Of
course this could be untrue. I remember when I was a kid very few parents and no
women would go to watch a school soccer match.

Regards
	Stephen