POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Slice in a Sphere : Re: Slice in a Sphere Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slice in a Sphere
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Sep 2006 17:02:11
Message: <0621g25ruftikuj61kj3vhpvi1f3467cv5@4ax.com>
On Wed,  6 Sep 2006 19:38:14 EDT, "Kaeru Gaman" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>my aim is a kind of "clock" for a game, wich is a sliced sphere getting
>smaller and smaller, representing the hand of a clock.
>so I need an every-degree-solution, but not really a look on the cuts or
>inside the sphere.

If you are looking for a kind of clock you could use a disk with a
radial pigment that has part of the colour map transparent. I know
that it is 2D not 3D but you might find it useful. I'll post an
example in p.b.a. Ii it not what you said you wanted but a variation
and the principle is there. It looks like a radar sweep.

Regards
	Stephen