POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Whats wrong with the news-server? : Re: Whats wrong with the news-server? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whats wrong with the news-server?
From: Alan Kong
Date: 21 Feb 2003 09:36:26
Message: <05ec5vs6piate0qndr57c0v0vbalsi0lhu@4ax.com>
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:49:17 +0100 Tim Nikias wrote:

>Recently, I'm getting a lot of hang-ups when trying to
>access the sever via Outlook, I can't download, nor
>upload anything. Is there some re-organizing going on
>or such? Limited bandwidth?
>Or is it just my computer/internet connection?

  Sam Spade for Windows is one of the tools I use to check where the
connection hang-up lies.  My provider (broadband) also supplies its own
connection-checking software just for its servers.  I rarely have
problems with povray.org, but when I do it's often on *my* end.

http://samspade.org/ssw/

--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg