POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : enlarging canvas but not image : enlarging canvas but not image Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  enlarging canvas but not image
From: T-n-T
Date: 4 Aug 2007 13:34:38
Message: <040820071031598961%lildog@donobi.net>
I have another seemingly simple problem I am pretty sure the someone
here can answer. I have put together a simple scene, a tutorial for
making a piece of jewelry, so it consists of multiple images each one
with the next step added. I got to a point where my image goes off the
'canvas' I thought I could just resize the image size but that rescales
my scene also, so now it is a different size than the rest of my
images.

So do I just need to resize the image and then zoom the camera out? If
so is there some formula to keep the actual image the same size and
just enlarge the canvas area? Example: if you go from canvas size of
300x300 to 500x500 to keep the picture the same size you need to zoom
the camera out by X. What would X be? Maybe I am making a mountain out
of an ant hill though.
Thank you very much,

lildog