POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I know this can not be a first : Re: I know this can not be a first Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I know this can not be a first
From: H  E  Day
Date: 28 Sep 2000 16:30:53
Message: <01c0298a$cd22a7c0$3d7889d0@daysix>
Matt-
I've posted in both p.b.i and p.b.s-f.  Take a look and tell me if these
help.  They mainly use material maps to achive an infinite detail level.
(two images posted in p.b.i: a far away view and a very close in view.  The
same model was used in both.)
I have in fact, zoomed all the way in, only a foot from the surface and
still the resulting render looked really good.

The Zip file in p.b.s-f is 25K in size and contains all files used.

Hope this helps.

H.E. Day
<><