POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hints on outdoor radiosity...? : Hints on outdoor radiosity...? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:06:14 EDT (-0400)
  Hints on outdoor radiosity...?
From: Eric Johnsson
Date: 7 Aug 2000 02:38:09
Message: <01c0003a$2467a7d0$888f16c2@gary2>
Hi.

I have seen some very nice pictures in p.b.i. showing outdoor scenes, that
uses radiosity to simulate the light from the sun/sky.

I have not so much experience with radiosity, and would apprechiate if
someone could give me some hints on how to simlate an outdoor scene using
the radiosity functions in MegaPOV.

What is the main differences between a cloudless sky compared with a sky
with a lot of clouds (e.g. cumulus), or an overcast sky...? What is the
best way to simulate the sun and the "diffuse light" coming from the sky?

Concerning the "diffuse light" from the sky, is this light in a shade of
blue since the sky is blue? Is it possible to calculate the "color" of the
sun at different times (i.e. sunset/mid-day/dawn)...?

Regards,
Eric