POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Inverse Kinematics, etc.... : Re: Inverse Kinematics, etc.... Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inverse Kinematics, etc....
From: BC
Date: 25 Feb 1999 00:46:05
Message: <01be6082$951be1c0$010b010a@angela>
The possibilities aren't really that limited. For example, if you want to
read the Nth item in a file, just close it, re-open, and read till you get
there. It may be slow, but it works!

In the early days of computers, almost all data processing was done on
serial access devices. There were all sorts of clever algorithms created to
do this as efficiently as possible. (Merge Sort is one that comes to mind.)

Have a read of the Knuth "Art of Computer Programming" series for example.
I actually really enjoy the challenge of working around the limits of the
language. But maybe I'm a masochist.

Regards
Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>

Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in article
<36d4436c.0@news.povray.org>...