POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug : Re: POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug Server Time
28 Jun 2024 02:08:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.1 for Windows editor bug
From: BC
Date: 11 Feb 1999 00:44:27
Message: <01be5581$dca81e20$0c0b010a@angela>
Moral of the story, don't assume that the clipboard behaviour is what you
think.

After all, even dedicated MS users know that the clipboard doesn't work in
the "normal" fashion in Excel. If you copy some cells, then modify the
spreadsheet, then try to paste what you placed on the clipboard, it ain't
there anymore. This drove me nuts for weeks as I use the clipboard in this
way all the time in Lotus(which has it's own peculiarities). Copy a block,
make a bunch of changes, then if you don't like the result, paste it all
back again. It's a lot quicker than saving endless variants of your files.

Another example is the way MS have changed the drag-select operation. Try
to select the last two letters of one word, the space and the first two
letters of the next word with the mouse in IE 4 and you will see what I
mean. Do it in Notepad, it works there.

Bite the bullet, learn the new system, and learn to enjoy it because you'll
get to do it many more times in your future.

Enough of a rant from me!

Regards All
Gordon
<gbe### [at] birdcameroncomau>