POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Nested #while statements : Re: Nested #while statements Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:12:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested #while statements
From: Scott Hill
Date: 5 Nov 1998 11:34:31
Message: <01be08da$6f716df0$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Daniel Harris <d.h### [at] netcomcouk> wrote in article
<3641BA46.BB567AC6@netcom.co.uk>...
> Dear Pov'ers,
> I was wondering if povray 3.02 can handle nested #while statements the
> following code only outputs a single line of links in the z direction...
>
> #declare X=0
> #declare Y=0
> #declare Z=0
> #while (X<10)
>        #while (Y<10)
>               #while (Z<10)
>                             object { link translate <X*1.75, Y*1.75,
> Z*1.75> }
>                             #declare Z=Z+1
>               #end
>               #declare Y=Y+1
>        #end
>        #declare X=X+1
> #end
>
> Please tell me if there is something blantantly wrong with this or if
> povray doesn't do nested #while statements.

	You need to reset Y and Z each time round the X and Y loops, respectivly.
Something (well, exactly) like this:

#declare X=0
#while (X<10)
       #declare Y=0
       #while (Y<10)
              #declare Z=0
              #while (Z<10)
                            object { link translate <X*1.75, Y*1.75,
Z*1.75> }
                            #declare Z=Z+1
              #end
              #declare Y=Y+1
       #end
       #declare X=X+1
#end

HTH,
--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.