POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Flocking Animations : Re: Flocking Animations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flocking Animations
From: Scott Hill
Date: 6 Oct 1998 07:32:31
Message: <01bdf10e$0b4be000$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Jon A. Cruz <jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in article
<3617BFC0.AE4702B5@geocities.com>...
> me wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody have any idea how to do a 'flocking' animation (like a
flock of
> > birds, or a bunch of ants [antz])
> >
> > I think that PoV is advanced enough to do it, but I haven't really
started
> > trying yet, so if anybody has any ideas (or examples)  I would really
> > appreciate it!
> >
> > TIA!
>
> Try
>
> http://dir.yahoo.com/Science/Artificial_Life/Flocking/
>
> And specifically http://hmt.com/cwr/boids.html
> The latter is the Boids info by Craig Reynolds. Really good stuff.

'me',

	You'll probably want to look at
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~dt/siggraph97-course/cwr87/ and
http://hmt.com/cwr/nobump/nobump.html (Both by Craig Reynolds). BTW. I've
been thinking about writing a simple boids POV 3.1 include file, if I get
it done would you be interested in a copy ?

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.