POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image maps : Re: Image maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image maps
From: Scott Hill
Date: 5 Oct 1998 05:37:47
Message: <01bdedee$6f39cbe0$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Tommy Grav <tom### [at] astrouiono> wrote in article
<3611DF5C.190E15CE@astro.uio.no>...
> I modelling a spaceship with povray and want to add an imagemap
> to the tail.
>
> When rendering the imagemaps shows up on both sides of the tail, on one
side it
> is the mirrorimage. I understand that this is because the imagemap is
considered

> to be long rods in the z-direction with different colors. But is it any
way to
> avoid
> it showing through the tail, in other words just show up on one side?

	Use a texture map, like this (untested so I may have screwed up somewhere)
:

#declare T_Tail_With_Image=
texture {C1b}
texture {
 pigment {
  image_map {
   gif "altairsign.gif"
   map_type 0
   once
   filter 0,1
  }
  scale <3,2,1> translate <-3,-1,0.05>
 }
}

object {
 tailwing
 texture {
  gradient z
  texture_map {
   [0.5 texture { C1b } ]
   [0.5 texture { T_Tail_With_Image } ]
  }
 }
 translate <-7,4,-0.02>
}

Or something like that.

HTH,
--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.