POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How recursive are #macros ? : Re: How recursive are #macros ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How recursive are #macros ?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 5 Oct 1998 05:37:28
Message: <01bdede8$a0972ee0$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Peter Popov <pet### [at] usanet> wrote in article
<36142e23.0@news.povray.org>...

> Scott Hill wrote in message <01bde307$ced53f40$8c00a8c0@shindo>...
> > Neither are dumb nor useless, granted you can usually achieve the same
> >effect in a non-recursive or non-nested matter, but there are some
> >algorithms that are a nightmare to implement non-recursively, and nested
> >macros would be ideal in situations where you wanted to define a macro
that
> >was only 'in-scope' for the duration of the parent macro.
>

> I meant my examples were dumb and useless, not #macros . Hey, I like them
so
> much I already got addicted to them and am rewriting all my .inc files
for
> 3.1

	Hmm, a case of double miss-interpretation, I think. I meant _nested and
recursive_ macros, not macros in general. Macros are cool.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.