POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Realtime POV-Ray : Re: Realtime POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realtime POV-Ray
From: Scott Hill
Date: 4 Sep 1998 12:43:05
Message: <01bdd7fe$425e8e40$8c00a8c0@shindo>
Jason Krah <jkr### [at] fannetau> wrote in article
<35EF6577.B5741A05@fan.net.au>...
> Im learning GLIDE and C and have currently got a small 3d rendering
library
> happenen.
> My problem is lack of data, since I need to witr my own file import
filter I was
> considering trying to implement a simple POV importer.
>
> If anyone would be willing to share some code, (not that I have anything
anyone
> would probably want in return), it could save me alot of hassle tryiong
to write a
> pov file parser.

	If you find anything, will you let me know, too ? This is the one part of
my modeller I'm not looking forward to writing.
	In the mean-time, as Ken suggested, take a look at the POV source code
(this is what I'll be doing), just remember to also read POVLEGAL and don't
directly rip off the parser code.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.