POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bug in Bezier patches ? : Re: Bug in Bezier patches ? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in Bezier patches ?
From: Scott Hill
Date: 13 Aug 1998 08:04:11
Message: <01bdc5fd$a0e4f840$8c00a8c0@shindo.ddlinks.co.uk>
Thomas Willhalm <Tho### [at] uni-konstanzde> wrote in article
<qqm### [at] hornfmiuni-konstanzde>...

> Hello,
>
> I think that I have come across a bug in POV-Ray. Try to render the
> following scene:

<scene snipped>
> If you replace "type 1" by "type 0". The patch will look quite different.
> In my opinion the surface normal is not correct. Can some one confirm
that
> this is a bug and check whether it is corrected in version 3.1b? (Since
> I use Unix I can not do it.) I will then email a bug report to Chris.

	Yup, it's there in PovRay for Windows 3.1 beta 5.

--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.