POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Does POVRAY Support Multiple Processors : Re: Does POVRAY Support Multiple Processors Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does POVRAY Support Multiple Processors
From: Scott Hill
Date: 30 Jul 1998 12:43:46
Message: <01bdbbcf$acbc7c20$8c00a8c0@shindo.ddlinks.co.uk>
Shane Chambers <sha### [at] wtconet> wrote in article
<35BD8DCF.ABD9005A@wtco.net>...
> Hello,
>

>     Does POV-RAY (any version, any platform) have support for Multiple
> Processors?

	IIRC, none of the official builds do, but there's an unofficial build that
does, sorry don't recall what it's called, but I think it's for Linux
platforms only.

> 		Are there any plans to support multiple processors, or
> distributed processing (say over a network).

	I believe so...
--
Scott Hill
Sco### [at] DDLinkscouk

"The best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing people he didn't
exist..."
								- Verbal Kint.

"the Internet is here so we can waste time talking about nothing in
 particular when we should be working" - Marcus Hill.