POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Movie project question : Re: Movie project question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Movie project question
From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 31 May 1998 19:35:15
Message: <01bd8cec$ce953f60$8f3463c3@mrbcomp>
David VanHorn <dva### [at] cedarnet> wrote in article
<6kl1or$i1k$1@oz.aussie.org>...

<snip>
> In contrast, what british TV I've seen has had very obvious live sound in
> outdoor scenes,
> which sounds (to me) very noisy, muddy, and the actor's voices aren't
clear.
<snip>

Erm.. exactly how are you generalising the whole of Britain's TV
production?
I also don't see the problem using live sound in outdoor scenes, instead of
adding it in afterwards - so long as volumes etc. are controlled properly
(which I've never seen a programme that hasn't), I would assume it sounds
more realistic. When voice-overs aren't done particularly well and the
actors lips move out of sync with their voices, the end result appears (to
me) much worse.

As you may have guessed - I'm from England and couldn't resist ;)

Matt