POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Toooooo Many TMP ideas! : Re: Toooooo Many TMP ideas! Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Toooooo Many TMP ideas!
From: Gary Shannon
Date: 15 May 1998 22:24:11
Message: <01bd8072$0b8478a0$3f7a89d0@reboot>
Nick Portelli <por### [at] pilotmsuedu> wrote in article
<355### [at] pilotmsuedu>...
> Ya right.  How much does a master cost?  DVD will never replace the video
> tape.  Cd-rom is bigger and better than floppy disk, but we still have
> floppies.  Beside they have not decided on a standard yet for recording.

I didn't think CD's would ever replace vinyl records.  As for mastering, CD
ROM burning units are readily available, DVD burner should become available
soon.

Anyway, it was just a thought.  Maybe we could even use regular CD's to
distribute it so people could view it on their PC's.  In the long run
what's important is that we decide on the best and most cost-effective way
of distributing it, whatever that turns out to be.

--Gary.