POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was"POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Gary Shannon
Date: 13 May 1998 21:41:07
Message: <01bd7ed9$ad16d680$1d7a89d0@reboot>
Good point.  I actually hadn't intended it to be a "nationalsitic" symbol,
just a "piece of something" left on the moon by human beings to set the
scene.  I agree that this should be a truly international project!

As others have pointed out, however, the story is awefully negative, and
probably wouldn't make a good project for the group.

Side note:  It might be nice to include the software we all used in the
credits.  Something like "rendered with POV-Ray",  maybe mention whatever
other pieces of freeware and shareware were used ( like Paintshop Pro,
CoolEdit, etc...) in case others would like to know what they need to do
that kind of work, and to show what can be accomplished with low-cost
tools.  Maybe put those multi-thousand dollar software packages to shame!?

--Gary.

Alain CULOS <ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> wrote in article
<355A12ED.BC8DB3A9@bigfoot.com>...
> Hi All,
>
> I would appreciate very much if we could make it international rather
than just American (with all due respect to American people). Could we not
find global symbols that represent all of us on this planet Earth, rather
than a selected few ?
> Yes I'm being political, but I think it makes sense for such a project.
>
> Regards,
> Al.
>

> Gary Shannon wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Scene 2: The American flag in the foreground, LEM in the background.
Seed bounces to the ground.  Camera pans to follow it as it bounces and
rolls into a small crater near the old LEM.