POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Gary Shannon
Date: 11 May 1998 21:41:49
Message: <01bd7d47$6d0472c0$237a89d0@reboot>
Just some brainstorming...

Realistic human characters are hard to get right.  That leaves toys,
puppets, cartoon-style (maybe 2d from 3d methods), robots,... any others?
(Pinoccio? Howdy Doody? Communist Robot Monsters from Outer Space?
Something along the lines of the old Reboot TV show?)

As for each animator doing a seperate piece and editing them all together,
what if they all had a common theme?  Maybe something like the Twilight
Zone movie, or modern interpretations of Fairy tales (South Park meets
Mother Goose...)

640 x 348 makes a really cool "wide screen" aspect ratio (That's what I'm
using for my short film)

It could be converted into DVD-compatable MPEG and distributed on DVD
instead of film or tape.

I've done a lot of composing and MIDI orchestration (Classical style, rock
style, "movie" style...) and I'd be glad to help out there.  Any POV tools
or extensions needed, I'm also a programmer by profession.

Mathias Broxvall <mbr### [at] swipnetseNOSPAM> wrote in article
<1d8### [at] dialup122-3-36swipnetse>...