POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: turbulence translation (was: Flames using 5D dimensions) : Re: turbulence translation (was: Flames using 5D dimensions) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: turbulence translation (was: Flames using 5D dimensions)
From: Tristan Wibberley
Date: 10 Feb 1970 13:45:16
Message: <01bd364b$52181900$181657a8@W_tristan.gb.tandem.com>
You are I think partly right, warp would do exactly what we've been looking
for, but it is not implemented in halos.

Another solution - since turbulence uses a randeom walk algorithm (as
stated in the docs) a keyword can be added to the turbulence syntax (along
with the usual octaves, etc...) called turb_seed or some such - this can be
used to seed the pseudo-randem numbers differently.

Currently turbulence is always seeded with the same number so a halo always
looks very similar, and if you have the turb_seed keyword you can select a
different turbulence each frame.

This would give a very realistic fire for small fires where it looks like
it just flickers and changes randeomly (a big fire like when an oil rig
goes kaboom animates much slower so the details of how fire works becomes
important).

I am working on an include file that will give a realistic fire, I'm nearly
there (just a little tweaking to do before I release an example animation,
then developing the include files capabilities and ease of use before
releasing it for general use.

--
Tristan Wibberley

(Remove the '.NO_LUNCHEON_MEAT' from my
email address to reply.)

Matthew Corey Brown <mbr### [at] sprycom> wrote in article
<34B### [at] sprynetcom>...