POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : text on objects : Re: text on objects Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:19:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: text on objects
From: GrimDude
Date: 12 Jan 1970 00:16:53
Message: <01bd1f0f$943ae4a0$f8681cce@arkansasusa.com.arkansasusa.com>
OR, you can paste an image_map to the object. Image_maps don't work too
good on triangle objects (the triangles tend to make the image come out
like the "Hall of Mirrors" in Doom), but they work great on primitives and
such.

I think Moray comes with a fantastic example (the Pov-Ray coke can is what
I'm thinking of), or perhaps that was an example included with "Ray Tracing
Worlds with Pov-Ray." Either way, I'll put an example in the binary images
section for you. Be patient, I'm uploading a web page now, but it will be
tonight.

Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet