POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Re: Requests for tutorials : Re: Requests for tutorials Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:54:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requests for tutorials
From: GrimDude
Date: 12 Jan 1970 00:10:44
Message: <01bd1f0e$b79a7c40$f8681cce@arkansasusa.com.arkansasusa.com>
Veteran? Heh, only because I trace every day. Well,...

You're *not* going to like this. heh

I have a notebook that is three inches thick (originally held my "Tipler
Physics" notes). It's filled with just the Doc file. I have a color ink jet
printer and I would guess the black cartridge was about 1/3 full when I
began the print. I ran out of ink, and then paper. I had to hunt down a
help file editor in order to clip out the portion I had already printed.
The only one I could find was shareware and it added some twenty-five pages
of filler to the end of my edit. Fortunately, I used Word (a new purchase
in a vain attempt to do the edit) to get rid of that, and to neaten things
up so the print would take up from where it had stopped, and things
straightened up nicely. Still, it was a real nightmare. How anyone with
less savy could do it, I don't know (not that I'm *real* bright).

In short, I'd say it was something like five-hundred pages, but I didn't
number them and I'd rather avoid counting. In addition, that's five-hundred
pages of single-sided printing (sorry conservationists, I'm a wasteful
Republican).

Don't get me wrong, it's still worth it. It comes in real handy for those
times you can't have the computer with you. I read through it during
thunderstorms (even though my system is thoroughly protected I still turn
it off and unplug everything during storms), and on those long trips out of
state it's a great conversation piece. heh

Paul Hinds
gri### [at] swbellnet

Jason L. <jma### [at] vnetnet> wrote in article <34b9614f.0@news.povray.org>...