POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples : Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QTVR panoramas: conclusion and examples
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 6 Jul 2003 02:12:44
Message: <0001HW.BB2DFB3A06CA4134F0284600@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 6:40:15 +1000, Gilles Tran wrote
(in message <3f0737bd@news.povray.org>):

> "Family" image

Staggering :-)

> Quicktime version
> http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/family_day_qt.htm
> Java applet (PTViewer) version
> http://www.oyonale.com/ldc/english/family_day_jv.htm
> Both pages are 650 kb. I'm sorry for the size but smaller ones and higher
> compression don't do justice to the image.

[...]

> I've only tested this with IE6 under XP so if you have problems with other
> browsers and OS let me know.

Safari 1.0 under Mac OS X 10.2.6
quicktime version  - no problems
java - browser crashed immediately [I'd place the blame on the
browser :-)]

Mozilla 1.2.1:
Java loaded OK, but needed a click to go beyond the 100% complete
message. Much slower than the QT version [which is to be expected,
I guess]

Trying to load both the QT & Java in Mozilla gave me an apparent
lock-up, but the QT looked to be loading just fine.

[snip]

Have Fun
Martin