POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Allchin traction engine Server Time
27 Apr 2024 08:51:11 EDT (-0400)
  Allchin traction engine (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Ton
Subject: Allchin traction engine
Date: 13 Mar 2024 18:45:00
Message: <web.65f22b717f538df79a328caa7597fb06@news.povray.org>
Hello again,

after ten months I've finished my Allchin traction engine model. The used
drawings are by Julius de Waal
(https://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Allchin_1_4_scale.html). The details of
these drawings are quite good (it's 27 sheets after all!). It was fun doing
this, figuring out how to SDL all the parts.

Cheers
Ton.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'forum1.jpg' (209 KB)

Preview of image 'forum1.jpg'
forum1.jpg

> after ten months I've finished my Allchin traction engine model. The used
> drawings are by Julius de Waal
> (https://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Allchin_1_4_scale.html). The details of
> these drawings are quite good (it's 27 sheets after all!). It was fun doing
> this, figuring out how to SDL all the parts.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Brilliant :-)

I used drawings from the same source when I did Stephenson's Rocket:
<https://youtu.be/tJ02jEhmijk?si=Tei8Byb7sI7pNgq6>

As you say - great fun working out the shapes, and satisfying when it
all fits together.

m@

Post a reply to this message

> after ten months I've finished my Allchin traction engine model. The used
> drawings are by Julius de Waal
> (https://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Allchin_1_4_scale.html). The details of
> these drawings are quite good (it's 27 sheets after all!). It was fun doing
> this, figuring out how to SDL all the parts.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Congratulations! That's a great piece of work indeed. Very well done, Ton.

So... what is the next project going to be? ;-)

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> after ten months I've finished my Allchin traction engine model. The used
> drawings are by Julius de Waal
> (https://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Allchin_1_4_scale.html). The details of
> these drawings are quite good (it's 27 sheets after all!). It was fun doing
> this, figuring out how to SDL all the parts.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Really excellent modelling, the level of detail is fantastic!

Post a reply to this message

> after ten months I've finished my Allchin traction engine model. The used
> drawings are by Julius de Waal
> (https://www.modelengineeringwebsite.com/Allchin_1_4_scale.html). The details of
> these drawings are quite good (it's 27 sheets after all!). It was fun doing
> this, figuring out how to SDL all the parts.
>
> Cheers
> Ton.

Wowza.
You really did find some drawing and go whole hog, didn't you?   :O

That's pretty amazing.

Cross-sectional views?

***Animation*** ?

Excellent work as always, Ton.   You have a remarkable amount of patience and
dedication!

- BE

Post a reply to this message