POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to see an atom? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 06:06:25 EDT (-0400)
  How to see an atom? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Thomas Fester
Subject: How to see an atom?
Date: 1 Mar 2024 18:30:00
Message: <web.65e264575ba639e44c331d0b8a2a825f@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,

is there a better starting point for 3D-modeling in chemistry than modeling
atoms? So, this is the topic for my new youtube-video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfG_aMN3F-U). But how can you model something
that cannot be seen?

Comments are welcome as always.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'titel.png' (145 KB)

Preview of image 'titel.png'
titel.png

From: Alain Martel
Subject: Re: How to see an atom?
Date: 2 Mar 2024 14:05:04
Message: <65e37860$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2024-03-01 à 18:27, Thomas Fester a écrit :
> Hello everybody,
>
> is there a better starting point for 3D-modeling in chemistry than modeling
> atoms? So, this is the topic for my new youtube-video
> (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfG_aMN3F-U). But how can you model something
> that cannot be seen?
>
> Comments are welcome as always.

Another way to model atoms : Media. The density of the media depends on
the probability of finding electrons.

Post a reply to this message

Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > is there a better starting point for 3D-modeling in chemistry than modeling
> > atoms? So, this is the topic for my new youtube-video
> > (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfG_aMN3F-U). But how can you model something
> > that cannot be seen?
> >
> > Comments are welcome as always.
>
> Another way to model atoms : Media. The density of the media depends on
> the probability of finding electrons.

Can you define gradients for media? So far I only know how to do uniform
material.

Post a reply to this message