POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 16941651 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 07:32:28 EDT (-0400)
  Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 16941651 (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: William F Pokorny
Subject: Updated yuqk tarballs for Unix/Linux. 16941651
Date: 5 Mar 2024 16:21:18
Message: <65e78cce@news.povray.org>
Please see the attached tarballs, previous announcements in this forum
and INSTALL.txt for suggestions on compiling and running via wrapper script.

A reminder the yuqk fork is not POV-Ray. As time passes, it's less
likely existing POV-Ray scenes will work without modification.

Bill P.

---

---------------- povray-3.8.0-x.yuqk_16941651.tar.gz  March 05, 2024
yuqk R12 v0.6.6.0

Fixed defaulting bugs with ripples and waves. Bugs were in the
defaulting of the ip_scale & ip_fade_distance where only one of the two
'extended options' was specified. Bugs existed since the original
re-write of the four code implementations in early 2023.

Fixed bugs in options directing / echoing output streams to files.  The
ini file / command line options fixed were: all_file, debug_file,
fatal_file, render_file and statistic_file. Bugs, in some form, exist
back to at least v3.1 (per Thorsten).

Added two additional shell out string substitutions in %d and %e. Where
%d substitutes the directory in which the scene file exists and %e which
substitutes the output image file extension.

Fixed bugs related to the shell out string substitutions '%%', '%s',
'%h' and '%w' - which exist in official versions of POV-Ray too, v3.7
onward.

Fixed command line flag parsing for flags having only a single character
following the '+' or '-' and the space ahead of the trailing flag is
missing.  For example, '-v+w700', was not parsed correctly for either
flag - or reported as an error.  The bug exist in all code v3.8 onward
(probably v3.7 too, but not tested).

Limiting povms assert()s in vfe to debug compiles. The performance gain
running the shipped rtr_kla.pov scene with day-to-day compile was 0.70%.

Restored support for user configurations files (povray.conf, povray.ini)
in $HOME/.povray/3.8 and similar directories. However, 'make install'
still, does not create or update files in that directory to avoid
collisions with official releases. As part of this update, yuqk's
existing POVCON environment variable when set will ignore any
$HOME/.povray/3.8/povray.conf file for whatever povray.conf file POVCON
points too. The POVINI variables continues to work in a, now, similar
way. See updated INSTALL.txt for more information.

Warning and error messages related to ini file and command-line parsing
cleaned up a little more.

The default image size was changed to 320 x 240.

Changes to version defaulting so that the fully supported yuqk version
(3.8) is defaulted during the ini / flag phase prior to the parser
starting - if a version not otherwise specified by ini version= / flag
+mv setting. The return to this approach fixes a set of standing issues
related to not setting the default at the ini / flag stage. Further, the
#version directive use while parsing a scene becomes necessary only
where changes in version defaults or parsing behaviour is needed. It's
still a good idea to indicate a scenes expected major POV-Ray version
with a #version directive at the beginning of a scene.

Fixed issue with version defaults initialization. In yuqk the issue
would not have been seen where the version was explicitly set to 3.8.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povray-3.8.0-x.yuqk_16941651.tar.gz' (1671 KB) Download 'yuqk_docandaid_16941651.tar.gz' (528 KB) Download 'yuqk_examples_16941651.tar.gz' (457 KB)

> Please see the attached tarballs, previous announcements in this forum
> and INSTALL.txt for suggestions on compiling and running via wrapper script.

thanks, install just finished.  fwiw, 'doc/html/' is empty ?  also, I see you're
"cleaning up" the build process, can send the 'build.log' if interested.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message