POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Direct stochastic tiling : Re: Direct stochastic tiling Server Time
31 Aug 2024 19:04:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Direct stochastic tiling
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Nov 2023 15:45:00
Message: <web.65469e125bb87ec31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
After a few more hours of feeling my way through the math of the patterns I
wanted,  I was able to apply the pores to the wood, and then add the rays.

I only partially know what I'm doing, and don't have very good control over how
all of the parameters in the functions work.

Basically what I'm doing is creating a grid of circles, but radially, using
cylindrical coordinates.

Then it's just adding some randomness and scaling to get the desired effects.

No idea if at this point adding SSLT to the finish would really boost it.

- BW

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'growthrings.png' (1480 KB)