POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : jacks_workbench_cam_B.png : Re: jacks_workbench_cam_B.png Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:35:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jacks_workbench_cam_B.png
From: Mike Miller
Date: 23 May 2023 16:15:00
Message: <web.646d1e9edf91fa073bb576b5dabc9342@news.povray.org>
Alain Martel <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > Progress rendering of workbench and Jack. Looking for interesting camera angles.
> > This one features the corkscrew. I think the shadow quality is looking nice.
> > Miller
> Note regarding the ceiling : Usually, the first layer of planks above

> less prone to creaking.
>
> Other than that, Great image.

Thanks,
yep, I've seen it that way.

My farmhouse was built in 1866. The floorboards are/were pine, no
tongue-n-groove, and run perpendicular to the trusses. When I bought the house
and removed the carpet, I could see why there was carpet..hahah. You could see
the crawl space from gaps in the planking. Not sure why no TG...or oak. I was
told the property was built from the surrounding trees. It does have good bones
though - rough-sawed true 2x4 oak which is now petrified. I could only use
hardened spikes or tapcon screws while remodeling....And yes, very creaky.
Mike