POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : workbench4.jpg : Re: workbench4.jpg Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:50:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: workbench4.jpg
From: Mike Miller
Date: 13 Apr 2023 08:20:00
Message: <web.6437f2f114fa964c59197626dabc9342@news.povray.org>
> > This looks like my dining-room table
>
> Actually, with the green molding, the hardwood planks, and the single overhead
> light, I got the distinct impression that this was on the floor, not on a table.
>
> But the texture of the floor is very impressive - interesting radial scratches
> and smear of green paint.  That _has_ to be done with an image_map.  :O

Thanks, it is reading more floor than table. I may drop the molding as I work on
the wall detail (outlet plug, tool rack). Yes, it's an image map. :) I have many
materials that include a 'roughness or metallic map' for controlling the
reflections in a PBR environment. I'm struggling to get that look of dull and
reflective on the same surface. A multi layered material is probably the best
solution for that.
Mike