POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finding object's bounding box : Re: Finding object's bounding box Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding object's bounding box
From: ingo
Date: 1 Apr 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.64286e7f878e18a017bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I can draw a BB box approximately, but if someone will show me the
> way to calculate BB of arbitrary objects, I will be able to set up
> lighting more accurately.

from the docs on functions:

min_extent(OBJECT_IDENTIFIER), max_extent(OBJECT_IDENTIFIER). The min_extent and
max_extent return the minimum and maximum coordinates of a declared object's
bounding box (Corner1 and Corner2), in effect allowing you to find the
dimensions and location of the object.

ingo