POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : categorising objects : Re: categorising objects Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:37:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: categorising objects
From: jr
Date: 1 Apr 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.6428068eeebe96f34301edef6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

an amended list of categories, for review.
Kenneth is right of course, there needs to be some type of "catch all" category.
rather than 'miscellaneous' I chose to use 'uncategorised'; the idea is that if
an author should feel none of the existing categories apply, they can use
'uncategorised' and send an email to admin, with the keyword(s) or phrase(s)
they wanted to see,
it will then be up to an administrator to decide on an action.

the 'organic forms' stuff is in part (I guess) a result of Mike Miller's
phosphorescent "buds" :-)

unsure of 'humanoid', in that group.  ought the OC have a 'person/character'
category at level '2', perhaps with further sub-categories ?

more feedback will be appreciated, I feel the 'household/office objects'
category (at least) needs .. something.

Areas of Interest
    Abstract Forms
    Buildings/Architecture