POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : No semicolon allowed in Tuple-style assignments? : Re: No semicolon allowed in Tuple-style assignments? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:02:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No semicolon allowed in Tuple-style assignments?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Mar 2023 19:40:00
Message: <web.6420d77e17acbde31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Tried a few things quickly and v3.8 behavior I think OK. Test scene below:

Yeah, I don't know.
It seems like these things happen only sometimes, and in hard-to replicate
manners.

For instance, I just did a macro call on a macro that returns a 2 element array.
I got the ole' can't assign an unidentified something or other to Lvalue...

The macro has 2 lines.
#local Result = array {Val1, Val2};

Result

But somehow it thinks Result hasn't been defined.

So I deleted the #local and the Result, and just left the array.
Works fine now.

I don't get it.