POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : uv mapping triangles in mesh {} : Re: uv mapping triangles in mesh {} Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:06:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: uv mapping triangles in mesh {}
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Mar 2023 18:35:00
Message: <web.641f76beeebe912c1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> > And you definitely are catching on to where I'm going with that.  ;)
> >
> Eagerly awaiting further developments...

So, after I figured out that the basic mechanism of the uv_mapping was going to
work out the way that I wanted, I figured I'd give some Japanese kumiko a try.

I converted some of:
https://github.com/BorisTheBrave/grids/blob/main/src/updown_tri.py
But perhaps have to figure out how to mimic a python yield directive in SDL -
maybe TOK has some ideas on that.
Then I worked out a bunch of ternary diagram macros and made sure that was
working out ok.

Then I started making some of the patterns, hit a few snags, then tried to get
partial lines running from a vertex across the triangle, and --- that's when I
lost my mind.  I'll take tensor calculus any day over the simple stuff  :D
I found this:
https://medium.com/@deltaplotware/ternary-diagrams-in-chemistry-6c608ae5137b
showing the constant composition lines, but I haven't worked it out yet.

Anyway, here's the development doodles to give you an idea of where this is
going, once it gets organized.   I think the end goal is to be able to scan an
image and use the color data to put the appropriate kind of pattern in the
triangular pixel.  Kind of like an ASCII art, eval_pigment, halftone thing - but
made of 100,000 little pieces of wood.

Enjoy.

- BW

Post a reply to this message