POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : beetle 2 camera 1 : Re: beetle 2 camera 1 Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:35:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beetle 2 camera 1
From: Mike Miller
Date: 15 Mar 2023 12:30:00
Message: <web.6411f1b6fbd2cb39a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Thanks,
> > that ant is awesome. Looks like you used sub surface materials. Yes,
> > the body is blobs. The legs and antenna are cubic spline sweeps.
> > Mike.
>
> Thanks I created the ant as part of an old IRTC entry:

https://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.53da216cf2c5caa7dded57b0%40news.povray.org%3E/decoy.
pn
> g?ttop=440167&toff=1150
>
> The source for this scene (so including the ant and war of the worlds tripd) are
> all in the zip file in

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.53da248f183fb6647dded57b0%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop
=4
> 38210&toff=150
>
> Sean

Excellent, I just snagged your file - re-linked an HDR and did a quick
rendering. Very cool Tripd creature. I love it.

I have a question > Have you seen a color mapping utility that writes something
similar to POV syntax for color_map { [pos color] } ?
Attached is Photoshop's gradient - looking for key'd color positions from 0-1.
I may write one myself if nothing exists. I really haven't done much of a
search.

thx
Mike

Post a reply to this message