POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 3 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 3
From: Mike Miller
Date: 15 Mar 2023 07:00:00
Message: <web.6411a3a3b7a8ee2ca30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
"Pekka Aho" <kuu### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> >
> > I have to say you are the reason I picked up Povray from PC Format magazine in
> > 1993 so glad to see you are back and a big thank you for the inspiration.
>
> Now that you mentioned, I think that could perhaps be the same source for me
> too. Back in '93 a family friend gave me an issue of some PC magazine that he
> had picked up on a trip to UK, and I remember it had a cover disk with POV on
> it. I doubt I have the original disk or even the magazine still left anywhere,
> but I just did some googling and discovered that at least March '93 issue of PC
> Format had POV on the cover disk, yet I don't recall that particular mag cover
> myself. It could have been some other one as well ofc, as computer magazines
> were plenty back in the day. But in any case, it was POV 2.0 that I started
> with, and my first renderings are from December '93. Not long ago I discovered a
> collection of my old 3,5" disks while visiting my childhood home and found old
> ..pov files on those. Too bad there were no original renderings in .tga format on
> any of those. Unless those couple of suspicious looking LHA and ARJ packages
> that I didn't extract yet could have something in them. :D
>

> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. Attached is an old test rendering of the fish form prior to image
> > mapping the texture.
>
> I remember this fish too! It surely blew my mind back then and I still think
> it's cool! I remember in those times I couldn't for the love of me figure out
> how that fish was made. :D
>
> These latest blobs/abstracts are indeed incredible! Cheers! :)

Thanks. haha..yes, I did the cover for Format March '93. Exactly 30 years
ago.  I can't find most of my 3.5's with POV work - they're in my attic
somewhere. I did come across old archives on 8" winchester floppys and a ton of
5 1/4s but I don't have any old hardware to read them. :)
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cover pc format.jpg' (1802 KB)

Preview of image 'cover pc format.jpg'
cover pc format.jpg