POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fish_14_oil_spill_B.jpg : Re: fish_14_oil_spill_B.jpg Server Time
19 Apr 2024 16:41:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish_14_oil_spill_B.jpg
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 11 Mar 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.640c65221fe634e6c800eadc47dba873@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Rendering of fish and pipe flange parts. I'll post the scene file once I'm done
> tweaking this.
> Miller

Looks absolutely great! :)

yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> I am in general like 'posterizing' and 'cartooning', because
> photorealistic rendering, IMHO, is not so impressive, while we have
> photography already.

I can relate some to this as well. Ofc, my highest respects and appreciation go
to everyone with those mad and otherworldly skills for creating jaw-dropping
photorealistic images, but personally - and especially in my own works - I tend
to prefer certain old-school, "lo-fi" and (early) 90's touch for looks and
technical execution, and "gamey", dreamy, abstract and surreal etc. when it
comes to the artistic side. I like to think it this way: why to limit ourselves
in simulating and replicating the boring reality, while we've got all the tools
and possibilities to take our creations far beyond the wildest dreams? :)