POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yes-library: Spiral worm : Re: Yes-library: Spiral worm Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:02:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes-library: Spiral worm
From: Kenneth
Date: 9 Mar 2023 17:05:00
Message: <web.640a56d98e65c939b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> They are fascinating shapes and colors. Thanks for posting the code. I am
> looking forward to going through it, to learn some new things.

I discovered something new today...about Github. I am a 'newbie' when it comes
to downloading an in-line scene file there. (Github adds line numbers preceding
each line of code, which would be a problem when simply copying it to run in
POV-ray.) But by hitting the 'raw' button there, the code comes up as a nice
clean text file ready for downloading. Easy!

Looking at your code, I see that your #declared variables are all written with
lower-case letters. I would suggest that you write them with at least the first
letter capitalized, because it is certainly possible that you could pick a
variable name that conflicts with one of POV-ray's many built-in keywords (which
are all(?) written in lower-case.)

Personally, I now write most of my variables with all caps, like TEXTURE or
whatever. Others here have different schemes, like preceding the name with a
line segment--     _texture

(Actually, I would write it as MY_TEXTURE or something similar.)

We each have our own way of preventing the name-collision problem.