POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : fish_with_pipes.zip : Re: fish_with_pipes.zip Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish_with_pipes.zip
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Mar 2023 13:45:00
Message: <web.6408d6bf90d041e21f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Thanks BW.
> I like that idea - using the cameras frustum shape for an inside/outside test.
> Using the cameras' hither and yon planes for space partitioning. BSP?

Nope.  I'm currently too ignorant and unskilled to implement a BSP.  ;)

IIRC, it was just a check to see which side of the 6 planes that bounded the
View Frustum the selected point was on.  Simple.  Fast.

I suppose there might be a way to convert the frustum into a signed distance
function (SDF) and do it that way.   It would be slick, and then you'd have the
distance calculation integrated into each check as well.

- BW