POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : fish_with_pipes.zip : Re: fish_with_pipes.zip Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:00:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish_with_pipes.zip
From: Mike Miller
Date: 8 Mar 2023 11:40:00
Message: <web.6408b9e290d041e2a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
> Op 8-3-2023 om 14:59 schreef Mike Miller:

> >> I tried something like this - I determined what the view frustum was, and then
> >> IIRC did some my own home-brew insidedness tests.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.587ce70b1652a4dcc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cwe
b.5
> > 87
> >> ce70b1652a4dcc437ac910%40news.povray.org%3E
> >>
> >> - BW
> >
> > Thanks BW.
> > I like that idea - using the cameras frustum shape for an inside/outside test.
> > Using the cameras' hither and yon planes for space partitioning. BSP?
> >

> In another age, long, long ago early in this century, Gilles Tran wrote
> a macro doing just that. I have always used it since then. I attach it
> here. I must have a demo scene somewhere too... I shall try to find it
> tomorrow.
>
> Note: The prefix GT_ is a code referring to the original author. It is a
> way I use to remember who wrote the code ;-)
>
> --
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas. Very nice - big help.
Objects not seen by the camera but reflecting in visible surfaces could present
a problem. I guess you could 'add-back' objects not seen but within a distance
of the frustum - if that object type was important to the reflections in the
view.
Mike.