POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DSOTM turned 50 and Pink Floyd's having an animation smackdown : Re: DSOTM turned 50 and Pink Floyd's having an animation smackdown Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:50:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DSOTM turned 50 and Pink Floyd's having an animation smackdown
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Mar 2023 19:15:00
Message: <web.6407d2eb582a2d8a1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> >
> > https://www.pinkfloyd.com/tdsotm50/competition/
> >

> Hmm. The rules are kind of vague, or 'mutually exclusive':
>
> On the main page, it says
>   "Animators can enter up to 10 videos, one per song on the album."
>
> On the 'Terms and Conditions' page, it says
>   "Animators can enter any number of entries for each song on the album."
>
> Well, the band members ARE getting a bit old and crusty...

https://www.awn.com/news/pink-floyd-animation-contest-stirs-controversy-exploiting-artists

https://www.loudersound.com/news/pink-floyd-are-being-accused-of-exploiting-artists-with-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-anim
ation-contest

https://www.punk-rocker.com/alternative/pink-floyd-are-being-accused-of-exploiting-artists-with-the-dark-side-of-the-mo
on-animation-contest/

etc.

I was also thinking that some of the other terms and conditions probably
indicate that they're not going to have a "The Wall" animation contest anytime
soon.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9zh3lCE47A

There are some pretty good PF animations already on The Tube - some as old as 9
years ago.  Well worth a watch.

- BW