POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : povr features required in official : Re: povr features required in official Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:56:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povr features required in official
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Mar 2023 03:40:00
Message: <web.6401b0b6f0de317c9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
> On 3/1/23 23:12, Kenneth wrote:
> >
> > Just tested +kla +rtr, and AA does work with it.

> Hmm. I'm pretty sure AA modes 1 & 2 stop working completely after frame
> 2 or 3. It's running, but it doesn't do anything after a while because
> the internal box sizes shrink on every recursion and never get reset.

I had to double-check this, to prove it to myself ;-)  It does seem to be
working OK.

I let my animation cycle for several minutes(!), with a '20-camera animation'.
The attached images are screenshots of 'camera 19', then blown up 200%.

> > The only trouble I'm currently having is getting the animation to stop!
>
> I 'think' more often with SDL1.2 than
> SDL2.0/X11 an on unix/linux the preview window needs to be in 'focus' /
> active.

That appears to help with the Windows version too, if the animation isn't
playing *super*-fast. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'aa_with_kla_rtr.jpg' (162 KB)