POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Set of scalable colormaps recommended for scientific visualisation : Re: Set of scalable colormaps recommended for scientific visualisation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Set of scalable colormaps recommended for scientific visualisation
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 1 Mar 2023 13:00:00
Message: <web.63ff91b82f3c3b63bebf0bf589db30a9@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> This is a set of ready-to-use colormaps, each contains 256 colors. Most
> of them exported from Matlab, other from this page:
> https://www.kennethmoreland.com/color-advice/
>
> Color information stored in 2D array, colormaps are generating by the
> macro, allowing re-scaling and applying desired transparency.
> Usage examples also present.
>
> Download: https://github.com/syanenko/Colormaps

Hi YB

It's good that you have now included a license file in this repository and that
you mention where the color maps came from.

But are you sure that the "GNU Affero General Public License v3.0" compatible
with the licenses from the initial authors?

And are you aware that this license is more strict than the original licenses
that came with some of the color maps?

Also, I think that the original authors will appreciate it if you give them some
credit by mentioning their names somewhere in the code or on the repository
page.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com