POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fuctions, My two cents : Re: Fuctions, My two cents Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:49:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fuctions, My two cents
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Feb 2023 08:25:00
Message: <web.63fa0c06f28769a31f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> An Alert! Related to (b), and my memory is foggy, but some number of
> official v3.8 releases, and over some period of time on github, the
> color to grey scale conversion in certain situations had a significant bug.

All I remember is that some folks commented that there was the 255 256 division
issue:
http://news.povray.org/5782990f%40news.povray.org

I found a color conversion equation someone was using (probably for a shader)
that claimed to take into account the differnce in eye response to the different
color wavelengths:
(Y = 0.2126R + 0.7152G + 0.0722B).

POV-Ray color conversion equations:
http://news.povray.org/web.577e98cbff0686005e7df57c0%40news.povray.org

clipka says .hf is mentioned in the isosurface tutorial
http://news.povray.org/57822645%241%40news.povray.org
And so it is, about halfway down, at the bottom of noise and pigment functions

https://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2

Here was my take:
http://news.povray.org/web.577ee122ff0686005e7df57c0%40news.povray.org

- BW