POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fish_13_drawing : Re: fish_13_drawing Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:08:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fish_13_drawing
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Feb 2023 13:25:00
Message: <web.63f8ffa277c3c86c9b4924336e066e29@news.povray.org>
This is a real bit of history for me! The original sketch is fascinating.

The 'fish13' included scene was my very first introduction to POV-ray, and my
first 'testing platform' to begin learning the code. Way back in 2005(?), in
v3.5 I think. When I finally figured out how to manipulate its fish image_map, I
was 'hooked', ha. I still have my earliest test renders!

That scene was dropped from more recent versions of POV-ray-- to my
disappointment. (I thought it was still included with v3.7.0 , but I can't find
it.) I've always felt that fish13 was a good and simple 'hands-on' scene with
which to learn some of the program's basics. And it looked cool too.

I just took a look at my archived fish13 folder and the scene file. It says...

//----------- fish out of water ----------- 3/10/92 miller

So that was... YOU?