POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Yes-library : Re: Yes-library Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:58:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yes-library
From: Mike Miller
Date: 23 Feb 2023 15:40:00
Message: <web.63f7cb837f290431a30d213ddabc9342@news.povray.org>
yesbird <sya### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Nice job on the breathing coral. Are you using an animation utility or scripting
> > something yourself? I'm using some 'old' cobbled script for replacing flagged
> > values between frames. I need to see if there's something more current.
>
> Hi, Mike.
> Thanks, this is only a start, more serious work will follow. As to
> animation, I am using very straight-forward techniques, described in
> manual: https://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Create_animations
> and setting 'clock' variable for transformations.
>
> I like how It works, at least now for trivial cases, may be in the
> future I will need something more sophisticated.
>
> > I put a scene file together for you showing the use of negative blobs 'carving
> > out' smooth forms in positive strength blobs. Attached is a rendering from that
> > file. One drawback - there's a way to separately texture the voided space.  I'll
> > post the scene file in the binary scene file location.
> > Have a great night.
>
> Many, many thanks for this example, last time you give me a fish, now
> you are teaching me fishing ;). It looks like we thinking the same
> : blobs are very powerful and flexible, but control is not easy and
> intuitive, I spent about an hour setting parameters, trying to achieve
> desired form, that I had in mind. And I started thinking about external
> control, (like you do with point clouds) with CSG methods.
>
> This is exactly what I need for manufacturing artifacts, will play with
> them this night.
>
> Happy rendering,
> --
> YB

Great, glad I can help. I'll try to contribute to your Roger Dean project when I
can. Always loved his work...Cool concept to model and animate.

Patrick Woodroffe was my illustration hero when I was in high school. I keep his
Mythopoeikon book beside me for inspiration. His early pencil and etching work
is very nice.

Here a link to some of my early sketches and 3D. I've only had the site up for a
few months so it's very much a work in progress ...like the rest of my life. :)
I started adding some of my resent POV work. I'm currently modeling bugs for
some rendering ideas.

https://639cef3628e1f.site123.me/
I lost old website...now I'm using a free one. :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'patrick woodroffe.jpg' (316 KB)

Preview of image 'patrick woodroffe.jpg'
patrick woodroffe.jpg