POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Feb 2023 17:15:00
Message: <web.63f14dcb6f92e8561f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
"yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, it works, but I still don't know how :)

* it's a "netscape" email address

As a first approximation, consider what you'd need to get a zero result for
every point along the parabola y = f(x) = pow(x,2).

It's y-f(x), which is y-y.

but you're doing that in 3D, which means you need the distance from the origin,
not the distance along any single axis.   Therefore the distance formula, since
for whatever reason, we can't use vlength() in functions.

* on the ".net"

> > If you email me, I can can send you a PDF copy of Mike Williams' Isosurface
> > Tutorial.
>

> your email. As to posts and attachments, I will take it into account, and
> install old-good Thunderbird now.

* and you can reach me @ there as "creativechemist"

Or hit reply to one of my posts and it should quote my email at the top.  ;)

- BW