POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : <no subject> : Re: <no subject> Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:54:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: <no subject>
From: yesbird
Date: 14 Feb 2023 13:10:00
Message: <web.63ebce026f92e85668fd655b10800fb2@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "yesbird" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Finally I was able to force it to work !
> > The system is powerful and flexible, but need some polishing and... patience.
>
> Your results are looking good!

Thanks, but not enough good, yet )
It was a fast test of rendering after conversion from OBJ.

>I keep seeing that '3-branch' pattern over and over again.

We always see only what we want to see :)
You are right about structure, there is a rule in this LS, that defines the
number of children.

> I don't know much about L-systems at all, but I assume that it can be extended
> from two to three 'off-shoot' branches? That would make your plants much more
> realistic.

Yes, LS are very flexible and simple (by idea), they have a dictionary and
grammar - number of rules that produce a long sequence of terms in our case -
sequence of building tree.

Here is fundamental work about them:
http://algorithmicbotany.org/papers/abop/abop.pdf
--