POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender : Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denoising POV-Ray images in Blender
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Feb 2023 07:20:00
Message: <web.63eb7c1713ac33281f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> If I did it should solve the problem for local searches. However at the moment
fixing the google search results has h
igher priority since that's what a typical POV-Ray user would use to ask about
something. If it doesn't index all pages
 we would have cases where a user searched for something and while the answer actually
exists and is in our groups, goo
gle hasn't included it, so they don't get a relevant result.

> As far as I can tell the issue is Google isn't indexing *all* of our pages,
regardless of what I do (for example I tr
ied using sitemaps in various forms and it still didn't fetch all the URL's in the
sitemap). I ran out of time trying t
o sort this and just left it alone, hoping google would catch up eventually.

I would take a poll to confirm your assertion about typical methods and thus
priority.

I don't trust Google or any of the other Big Tech companies _at all_ anymore.
For years, I have experienced finding a result and then looking for the exact
same thing the very next day to share the link, and it doesn't come up in the
results AT ALL.  The search results are constantly changing, getting filtered,
and being manipulated.

If you make a reliable search feature, people would use that and then that would
de facto become the typical method for finding relevant posts - in a timely
manner.   Either way, it's a self-fulfilling argument.